If you can’t answer all of the questions below, you may need to watch this short video http://www.copyright.com/content/cc3/en/toolbar/education/resources/copyright_on_campus.html.
- What is (and what is not) protected by copyright?
- What are the penalties for copyright infringement?
- Why is copyright protection important?
- What copyrighted material can you use in the face-to-face classroom, how much can you use, and in what ways can you use them?
- What about in the online classroom?
- What materials can I photocopy and distribute in class?
- What is the DMCA?
- What is the TEACH act?
- Where can I get more information about copyright?
- What policies does the College have addressing copyright issues?
If you are still confused visit the CCC’s OnCopyright Education programs. They are designed to help you appreciate the importance of copyright, learn what you and your colleagues can and cannot do with copyrighted content, and how to obtain copyright permission. http://www.copyright.com/content/cc3/en/toolbar/education.html