Libraries as Community Revitalizers
Presenter: Storm Cunningham, CEO ReCitizen and L3C
• Public-private partnerships that create funding that benefit the community (example: Dallas Public Library and Kroger Company http://www.ncppp.org/resources/case-studies/real-estate-and-economic-development/city-of-dallasdallas-public-library/.
– National Council for Public-Private Partnerships – http://www.ncppp.org/
• Libraries as community spaces (incubators for the community).
• Libraries can become a catalytic force in the neighborhood by using computer-based crowd strategies.
Crowdsourcing – http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crowdsourcing libraries can use this concept to generate virtual communities and user groups (user-centered library services).
Crowdfunding: crowd-source funding for programs – http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/crowdfunding libraries can use this concept to achieve goals that it would never have the time, financial support, or staff resources to achieve on its own (example: Our Shelf Program http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/our-bookshelf-drm-free-ebook-sharing-social-network)
• List of Crowdfunding websites: