These online learning opportunities might be worth posting on your school’s webpage for moments when students (grades K-12) get bored and start looking for something to do during the summer http://sco.lt/5rzVIX.
10 Online Summer Learning Opportunities
- Brain Chase – A online five week program for grades 2-8. This adventure has students working in the subjects of math, reading, writing, and more, while watching animated episodes and solving educational problems.
- CK-12 Brain Flex – A free and self-paced online summer program that has students working on the subjects of math and science.
- Connections Learning – A nice collection of technology related online courses for math and reading grades K-8.
- DimensionU Summer Chill – A fun online competition that has students of all ages working in the subjects math and literacy in DimensionU’s innovative 3D virtual worlds, with the chance to win prizes.
- Electric Company – The Electric Company from PBS is offering a six-week multimedia summer learning program that will focus on vocabulary and core math concepts.
- GoNoodle (Camp GoNoodle) – A fun and free online program that has students learning through play and other various educational activities.
- K5 Learning – A online reading and math program for grades K-5 with real time results and detailed reports.
- SpellingCity – A summer program for grades 1-12 for spelling, writing, and vocabulary. The program is self paced and has over for educational activities.
- TenMarks – A free online adaptive program that has students strengthen their math skills while receiving detailed results.
- Time4Learning – A fun online program for grades preK-8 in the subjects of math, science, social studies, and language arts.
Bonus (Not Offered Online)